Friday, April 14, 2006

Pedestrian Outrage vs. Road Rage

by Jen (Kung) P - performed at the Place retreat 2005

Some drivers don’t obey da traffic signs and rules. They think they’re so hot, yo I think not! I hope one day that da bad driver’s get caught! Yeah, those crazy fools!

I’m walking across da street, drivers won’t stop! Almost, running over my feet. Where da heck is a cop?

Marked by da white paint, not chalk, there I was using a crosswalk. I finally get across to da sidewalk. There was my friend, we met up to talk.

I was waiting for da pedestrian signal, my turn to go. Da driver turning right, from behind me, not paying attention that I know! They were on da cell phone, probably with an annoying ring tone, not obeying da speed in a school zone. Cuts me off, I nearly drop my ice cream cone, with in the other hand a cheese scone!

Da speeder in da dam Trans Am, caused a big traffic jam. Got into an accident, BAM!

That maniac weaves in and out of lanes, as if they’re da boss. Who steps on da gas. Out da window, a cigarette toss. What a pain in da....well you know what! Gets caught, serves them right, ha their loss!

Yo, driver! This is a pedestrian traffic light, I’m crossing here! Da light is red, I go instead, check ya eye sight! It’s not ya turn, when will ya learn! Sometimes a driver stops when da light is still green, honking at me to go, but I wait for the pedestrian light, awe yeah, that’s right! I guess they don’t know how da light works, or what it means. Yeah, they’re real bright!

Drivers, as I’m wanting to cross da road, beep and yell at me. They don’t know da right of way, people young and old. I ‘beep beep’ back, words I shouldn’t say, but I don’t let this ruin my day.

Emergency vehicles driving through town, with lights and sirens on, drivers not slowing down. Pull over you moron!

I’m walking in da rain, here comes a speeding bus. Da driver thinks they have to dash, I get an overhead splash! I’m soaking wet, I almost cuss. That bus driver is insane, what a big discuss!

Two cars in a road race. As da lights flash, soon follows a police chase. One of racing cars crash! Da driver is OK, but will need some cash, because da cop writes a ticket, with a mad look on his face!

Da cyclist is cut off by a car with a loud bass. Gets knocked over, smash! Was given no space, on da leg suffers a big gash. Da driver didn’t stop, what a disgrace!

What a show off! That motorcyclist swerving in a fast pace. Pop-a-wheely, bails, ends up with a road rash. Why did it happen in da first place? At least, da motorbike isn’t trash. Yeah, what a basket case!

A driver shows road rage, by being aggressive and swearing. Tailgating another car, how very daring. What outrage, what helter-skelter! Why don’t they act their age? Their foul mouth should be rinsed out with Alkaseltzer!

That fool, thinks they can drink and drive. Gets pulled over, da cop takes a breathalyse, hoping to save a live. When will they realize, da innocent want to survive?

Why do they call it rush hour? There’s no move with da traffic flow. Don’t these vehicles have any horse power? Da crawl is way too slow. Impatient drivers looking sour, who have places to go to, ya know!

Like I said in this rap. When will they learn? That’s my concern! It’s all a bunch of cr*p!

Yo, word to ya Fatha!

No comments: